Getting a facial from a skin care expert can gives a boost to your regimen.
As the holiday season is rapidly approaching we all want to look our best. During the flurry this time of year we forget to concentrate on number one. Do something nice for yourself. You might want to treat yourself to a real facial from a professional esthetician.
Professional facials are a great way to improve your skin and get an expert opinion about whether your skin care routine is working for you. Here are a few tips if you decide to go for it.
- Do your research. Make sure you are seeing a licensed esthetician.
- If you book a specific facial be prepared that your skin care expert may suggest a different treatment after talking with you and looking at your skin.
- Always tell them about allergies or sensitivities. Mention any oral or topical medications you are taking for your skin. Also, tell them if you use any AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids.) A good esthetician will ask you questions before they begin.
- Don’t book a facial within a week of an important event. You don’t know how your skin will react to a treatment.
- They may ask about your routine. You’ll get the best results if you’re honest with them. Don’t be shy.
- Ask questions and to discuss what sort of results to expect.
Relax and enjoy because you deserve it! It’s important to do nice things for yourself. And Dudes! Facials aren’t just for the ladies…..
Here are some estheticians I’ve had personal experience with and had excellent experiences with each one.
London Elise at Soothe, San Francisco
Ellen Olson at Skin and Tonic, Oakland
Laura Semrau, Essential Skin Care and Reflexology, Chester, CA (Lake Almanor)(530)258-2585
Do yourself a favor and let a skin care professional pamper you and give you the gift of great skin all at the same time.