Some solutions and fast fixes to keep your skin hydrated and happy!
Now that Spring has sprung, Winter decided to join the program. While the seasons are confused, so is your skin. Can’t we all just get along?
If your normal products are suddenly leaving your skin too dry it can be a good time to re-adjust your routine and some of your products.
9 Fast Fixes to dry winter skin!
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Harmful sun rays still affect your skin in winter.
- Concentrate on hydration and moisturizing- both your face and body. Use thicker lotions, creams and balms.
- Skip long hot showers and baths. They suck your skin dry of all its moisture. Stick to warm water and get in and out fast.
- When outdoors use waxed-base products to help keep the moisture in. Products with petroleum can keep moisture in but don’t penetrate or moisturize your skin. Wax products are better for you and just as effective.
- Add anti-aging products to your routine. Winter is an evil ager. Big Jerk.
- Indoor heaters dry out the air indoors. Add a pot of water on top of your wood stove or get a humidifier.
- Drink lots of fluids
- Exfoliate 1-2 times a week. Taking the old cells away allows new ones to grow.
- Use a very gentle cleanser. Some of you may need to switch your lathering cleanser to a soap-free mild cleanser.
Remember, alligator skin only looks good on alligators.
Here are our most popular moisturizing products that can help restore your sanity and save your skin:
- 3-in-1 Cream Cleanser – a soap-free mild cleanser.
- Butter Balm -an intense solid lotion made with organic shea butter and beeswax. It’ll moisturize and help retain the moisture you already have.
- 3-in-1 Antioxidant Lotion – Great for face, body and hands.
- Anti-aging Eye Cream – great day or night and has a bit of jojoba oil in it for extra added moisture. Use it around eyes, lips or all over your face and neck.
- Anti-aging Face Serum– it’s a bit lighter than the eye cream but super hydrating. Add it to your routine if you’re not already using one and apply it under a face moisturizer.
- Renewal Face Lotion– I use this on my face in the winter when I need extra moisture on my face. Soaks in and leaves it soft without clogging my pores.
Don’t let dry winter skin make you crazy. It’s not good for your complexion or your relationships. I just can’t have that on my conscience.