Small business and big business alike depend on customer satisfaction to survive.
As a small business owner, there’s nothing I love more than to hear a customer’s rave review about my products. It’s what makes this little bird tick. And, while I want you to keep those coming, I actually learn more from the feedback of what makes people unhappy.
Your opinion is valid, don’t worry about hurting feelings.
Why is good feedback is important?– So a company knows they’re doing the right thing, especially if a product or service is vital to you.
Why is constructive feedback is important if you’re unhappy?– It allows the company to make it right for you. If they hear the same complaints from others chance are they’ll change the product or the service.
Forums for feedback:
- Every website has a point of contact like an email address, phone number or contact form. When contacting a company someone SHOULD ALWAYS get back to you. Pet Peeve- using a contact form and never getting a response. This is a major fail.
- Yelp– Meant for honest reviews of products and customer service though we know this isn’t always the case.
- Facebook– There are several ways to state your opinion here. You can post written comments and reviews on some business pages depending on their privacy settings or message them directly. Also, rate a business by using Facebook’s scale of 1 to 5 stars.
- Twitter– If you tweet, then give a company a shout out if you like them or if you have a problem.
A few tips to make sure you’re voice is heard appropriately.
- If you have something nice to say, feel free to say it anywhere and everywhere. Customer satisfaction and referrals is the strongest and most trusted form of feedback. Other customers want to know what you have to say about your experiences.
- If you weren’t satisfied with customer service or a product there are constructive ways to go about this before you put up your one star review on yelp or Facebook. Try to contact someone directly from the company with your complaints. There’s always the chance that this was an honest error and if a company is worthy they will try to make it right.
What feedback has done for Birdy Botanicals:
It’s allowed me to:
- spot a malfunction in serum pumps that affected many more customers than the one who spoke up.
- plan on repackaging products that have not been user friendly like getting the DANG CREAM CLEANSER OUT OF THE EFFING BOTTLE! (I feel your pain.)
- launch my new Face Scrub because of popular demand.
So don’t hesitate! Communicate!